Tuesday, 7 April 2026

BR64

BR64

 This morning, a message from eBay led me to a seller of this model,  I bought it because it’s another “hopeless case.” Hopefully the process will be a learning curve of  how I can improve my BR64 – or maybe not. I share the pictures because they may be interesting for others, as they are for me. 


The thick shiny paint had to be removed, it defied all the usual thinners and a dunk in Dettol was needed. The result was not a total success, the plastic body suffered but the brass details survived.


 The mechanism had been updated with a very nice coreless motor-drive and decoder whilst the carrying wheels are Weinert RP25. Rather than continue with the original body, a bare body was obtained and most of the brass details swapped, the remaining bits were passed to a friend.


Certainly not as good as the Roco version but I am loyal to Fleischmann and it works.

 

This is a solution to the lack of coupling mounts from the late Wolfgang Popp, it should work with the BR64

Inspiration


No comments:

Post a Comment